8. MOVING YOUR CAPITAL CITY
Your Capital City is the first city that was created when you started playing the game. You can move it once (and once only) via a special spell called Tenaril's Spell of Ultimate Teleportation. This can be cast at any time and costs nothing, subject to the following restrictions.1. AVAILABILITY:
2. RESTRICTIONS ON CASTING:
- Any capital city can cast the spell
and move their city.
3. RESTRICTIONS ON DESTINATION:
- Can only be cast once
- Can only be cast by the account owner - account sitters cannot relocate cities
4. PREPARING YOUR CITY:
- Must be on the map (ie between -1000|-1000 and 1000|1000)
- Cannot be an "Unsettlable" square. These are:
- Impassable Terrain (ie Lake, Lock, Volcanic Peak, Fiery Mountain, Canyon or Swampland
- NPC Squares:
- Abandoned Campsite
- Abandoned Lair
- Abandoned Lodge
- Abandoned Mineshaft
- Activated Standing Stones
- Ancient Forest
- Ancient Graveyard
- Ancient Lair
- Blessed Oak
- Broken Tower
- Clock Tower
- Crooked House
- Crumbling Lighthouse
- Dark Forest
- Dark Temple
- Deserted Monastery
- Deserted Wayhouse
- Dormant Portal
- Dragon Monument
- Dwarf Monument
- Elf Monument
- Faerie Ring
- Fallen Dwarfhold
- Ferry Post
- Fisherman's Hut
- Forgotten Temple
- Fortified Hostel
- Gypsy Campsite
- Head Statue
- Heroic Human Statue
- Hidden Temple
- House of the Spirits
- Ice cave
- Ice Holes
- Jungle Standing Stones
- Mountain Cave
- Orc Monument
- Ornamental Gardens
- Petrified Forest
- Place of High Sacrifice
- Rockhewn Monastery
- Ruined Tower
- Sacrificial Altar
- Shattered Head
- Standing Stones
- Stone Circle
- Tiki Pole
- Weeping Willow
- Water Squares (ie Fresh Water, Tidal Water, Shallow Salt Water or Ocean)
- Trade Hub square, or any square immediately bordering a Trade Hub
- Square that contains *no* food resource.
Even though you are bringing your underlying resources with you, squares with zero food are considered "unsettlable"
- Cannot be a square that is already settled by another player
- Cannot be a square that has Sovereignty being claimed on it
be a square that is within 10 squares' radius of another player who is
not in your alliance, nor in an alliance that is confederated with yours
- Exemption for inactive accounts.
You may move to within 10 squares of an inactive player. Inactive
players are players who either have zero population and have not logged
in for 1 week, or have more than zero population but have not logged in
for 4 weeks.
5. HOW TO CAST THE SPELL (AND MOVE YOUR CITY)
- All your units must be at home.
Trade, Military and Diplomatic units cannot be moving or stationed
abroad. (NB Alliance Tax Collectors are exempt from this rule, and will
redirect themselves back to the Alliance Capital, wherever it may be).
- You cannot have trade offers on the marketplace. These must be cancelled prior to move.
- You cannot have reinforcements from another player in your city. These must have left your town.
- You cannot be currently under an active blockade or siege. You must break blockades and sieges before you can move.
- You cannot have military units incoming to your city. Incoming diplomatic and trade units are fine, and will redirect to your new location, arrive on schedule, and return home *as if* you had never moved.
cast and currently active (runes, geomancy etc) are unaffected by the
move - you do not need to cancel or dispel these before you move.
and building construction in your city is unaffected - you can be
building something or researching something when you move, and it will
carry over with your city just fine. Unless otherwise listed above, all
normal city functions continue "as is".
6. WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU MOVE
- Go to the Town map of your Capital City
- Click on the Castle
- Click on the button on the Castle Summary page, labelled "Move City"
- Put in the co-ordinates of where you wish to move to
very careful with this, and make sure you get the coordinates right (be
especially careful of the negative sign where appropriate). If you get the coordinates wrong and move your city to the wrong location, THERE IS NO RECOURSE VIA PETITIONS OR OTHERWISE.
- Press the button labelled "I wish to move here"
- You will be told whether this move is allowed, and if not - precisely why not.
you are able to move your city, then a button marked "Confirm City
Move" will appear, and once pressed, your city will instantly move to
the new location.
entire city - with units, underlying resource distribution etc - moves
to the new location. However, for the purposes of combat resolution,
your city will now take on the new attributes of the terrain you have
settled upon. (ie if you move from mountains to plains, for combat
purposes you are now treated as living on plains)
- Any Sovereign claims and structures this city has are lost.
- Everything else remains the same as it was before you moved.
Edited by GM Rikoo - 20 Feb 2015 at 17:44