Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed3 Months and 12 days in Summary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 05:18
Some notice on the forum that there is a new dev blog and a link to it would be good...
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 06:16
This:
Originally posted by LordBliss LordBliss wrote:

how about an illy youtube channel?

could have actors portray scenes from the factions histories, and then, when it gets to the point of gratuitous nudity (like game of thrones) instead of the nudity, cut to one of you gm's reading illyriad news updates.  
Bonfyr Verboo
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 06:51
Originally posted by LordBliss LordBliss wrote:

how about an illy youtube channel?

could have actors portray scenes from the factions histories, and then, when it gets to the point of gratuitous nudity (like game of thrones) instead of the nudity, cut to one of you gm's reading illyriad news updates.  

In order to reduce costs, the videos can be produced by players.  GM Luna could set up a competition and give away free prestige and Illy T-Shirts.

/me is looking forward to a dramatization of what REALLY happens when you send a diplomatic unit to meet Audrey.
Createure View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 11:41
@me is struggling to tell how serious that suggestion was meant to be Cry
LadyLuvs View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 04:26
Thunderkitty, I see your point how those of us not in programming would be puzzled at what all that means.  Your point is duly noted.  I just think if it has something to do with us as a community and deals directly with Announcements for the game you still do some sort of announcement in the Announcement section; ie thread with a link to your blog or something here in our Forum where those that play the game and assist you with troubleshooting when you implement the new programming to the game are. 

We have so many resources now outside the game, that keeping track of more that are growing is very time consuming.  My Dean of Education started gathering how many links we have for all the guides and information that are posted and used for everyone.  The list is extremely long with some very wonderful and distinguished people that spent a lot of time working on those items about a game those that have been here thru the beginning and the growing pains.  We can't write or assist enough with it.

To the Devs:
Thank you for making this game so awesome and we look forward to the updates to come, just make it easy for us to find the info in the mountain of info already available.
LadyLuvs
Raven, Murder of Crows Alliance
Faldrin View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 05:53
Its all about balance the expectations. When you keep saying a lot of stuff is just about to happen and then nothing happens, people (or at least I) get disappointed. I would like to note that you do not get disappointed unless you care ;-)
Ander View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 15:39

Guys, I think Illy has more content than any of the games out there, even in it's current state. If everything including the factions and pathfinding is introduced today, how long will we keep playing the game before getting bored again?

Content updates are certainly exciting, but we should not be disappointed that they are not as frequent as we like them to be. It is up to us to find enough fun to keep coming back to Illy everyday, even if there are no updates for an year.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic