Topic Closed2nd accounts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
williamtell View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2nd accounts
    Posted: 12 Aug 2010 at 17:42
Ok so I have a second account already but my girlfriend has recently decided she wants to play illyriad too.
 if she uses my computer, will i then get in trouble and lose my accounts if she plays on my computer? Ie. if she opens an account on my computer, even with a diff email address and everything do i lose mine?
Shrapnel View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2010 at 20:25
I recently had expierence with this and the answer is no, not if she is truly playing her account the majority of the time.  The system that detects multiple accounts seems to be smart enough to tell two different players apart who are using the same computer.  I won't vouch for this next part, but it even seems that the same e-mail could be used, but I wouldn't recommend trying that unless a GM confirms it.
waylander69 View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2010 at 20:44
I think you will lose out on this one as there is no way to show that someone with 3 e.mails addresses and running 3 accounts are either the same person or different people but using the same computer. 2 accounts per IP address i think is all thats allowed, why not give her your 2nd account and that way you can still both play.
Shrapnel View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2010 at 21:13

Not true waylander.  My wife and son both play from the same computer.  I almost got in trouble for my wife's account, but after talking with SC, we cleared it up.  He said the only reason I got into trouble with her account was that I was playing it more than her (I sit my wife's and son's account).  I have not had trouble with my son's and I've stopped sitting as much with my wife's account (actually I haven't played it since then) and so far so good.

Shrapnel View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2010 at 21:15
Sorry for the double post but forgot to add something.  SC said in global chat that the IP address and email address are actually small factore in the algorithm that determines multi acoounts.  That's why I said I thought that even using the same email might be ok.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic