Topic Closed29NOV12 - Sovereignty Stew

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Beecks View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2012 at 22:26
This seems related to the newest patch so I thought it best to post here:

I built negative troops. In two of my cities (soon to be three) I was building Mangonels. After completing those I had a large number of Trueshots queued. The transition from Cats to Archers went fine but when I switched my sov layout from Assembly Yards to Target Ranges my queue changed from 70/ xxxxx troops produced to -350 / xxxxx troops produced.

The number of negative troops does seem to be decreasing (or the number of troops is increasing depending on how you look at it) but as a test I removed 50 Trueshots from one of my armies and they disappeared and failed to show up in my Unit Pool.

Weird bug but because the number of troops left to complete now shows (xxxxx + 351) there isn't any real impact other than the time it takes to dig myself out of the negative troop hole.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2012 at 23:06
great bug!
GM Luna View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster
Community Manager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2012 at 23:17
Beeks, file a petition in game please.

Luna
GM Luna | Illyriad Community Manager | community@illyriad.co.uk

Beecks View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 05:57
Originally posted by GM Luna GM Luna wrote:

Beeks, file a petition in game please.

Luna

Gotcha, Done. Big smile
Diva View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 02:32
Thanks for the Tourney Devs.. but I feel cheated cuz I couldn't level up sovs and increase gold, add other buildings on sovs.. to put out my measly army.
BUT its been 4 months.. hitting 5, I don't remember which The Dude asked me "why are you still here (sic) living with the glitches?".

Now I ask you Devs, why am I? I am a paying customer, no I don't pay your salary, and I don't expect differential treatment cuz I do. I'm just saying am I wasting $$ and time being here.. I feel TRULY AFFECTED by the glitch during the tourney for troop making. I'm just saying. Please fix it or tell me what to do? I got nothing from my petition.. even when it affected another city.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 04:19
Exodus your city, Diva.  That should reset the sov.  Yes, it's painful and shouldn't be necessary, but if you'd exo'd 4 months ago your cities would be rebuilt by now.
DeathDealer89 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 04:56
But he shouldn't have had to.  If bought a house but it had a leaky roof and was told it would be fixed.  I wouldn't demolish and rebuild it when the leaky roof never got fixed.  Instead I would demand the leaky roof get fixed.  Or go buy a different house and stop using that house builder.  
Diva View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 05:26
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

Exodus your city, Diva.  That should reset the sov.  Yes, it's painful and shouldn't be necessary, but if you'd exo'd 4 months ago your cities would be rebuilt by now.

And why would I do that? explain .. like one square over? move to another area? Exodus is really painful imo.

And I was explaining how it hindered my gameplay. Doesn't that count and what I've lost in PAYING FOR IT (gold/rp/mana)?.. and you say 4 months ago  I should have exodus'd and been happy to do that? You are not feeling my pain. How would I know it would take 4 months to even get acknowledged.. I talked to the right people WAY before this. I like the game, not the glitch. Do you feel it will never be fixed, so why b**** about it? C'mon.

Edited by Diva - 01 May 2013 at 05:32
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 06:42
Yes, exo one square over or two squares -- if you have a nearby square that would be more favorable to your goals, this would be a good time to make that move.  I'm trying to suggest something that will work as a solution that you can control.  It is less painful than razing the city and will allow you to get on with the game.

I don't know when or whether this glitch will be fixed, but the track record for fixing sovereignty glitches is not particularly good (it usually takes months or years, if it is fixed at all).  My personal approach would be to assume that it will not be fixed in a timely manner and then figure out how to move on.

My purpose is not to argue about whether this is "right" or "wrong" or "bad" or "good."  I'm just speaking from my observation of this sort of thing, and I'd recommend that you take steps, even though painful, to change the situation in a way that you can control.
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 08:40
I am with Rill here. 

An ideal situation would be that the devs fix it but you might not want to hold your breath.

I suggest you do the exodus and get on with your gaming.
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic