Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed29JUL12 - MAJOR RELEASE (The New Age)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 22>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 01:28
Edit: Two other people already answered.

Edited by Rill - 30 Jul 2012 at 01:30
SweetlyEvil View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 01:29
the more we beg.......the less likely it will happen
~SweetlyEvil~ <3 @}-
Brids17 View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 01:30
Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

Simple enough. But...

• If you want to see what is available in other Faction Hubs, beyond that closest to you, you will have to send a Trader unit there.

• If you wish to place your own Buy or Sell orders in any Faction Hub, you must also start by sending a Trader unit to that Hub.

• Trader units are expensive to recruit, in terms of both gold and (from your second unit onwards) Wine. The cost of recruiting Traders is figured per player, not per town. The more you have, as a player not per settlement, the higher the recruitment costs.

• As an aside on wine.... You will notice a new Wine Making Research. Wine is made from Grapes, so that explains why there are now Grapes resources on the map. (Fun fact: in the real world a barrel of wine requires 3960 bunches of grapes. So, guess how many Grapes resources are required for a barrel of wine in Illyriad? We expect prices for barrels of Wine to be... well, rather higher than for barrels of Beer.)
Obviously I can't sat for sure yet but I think this is an extremely bad idea. The trading community is tiny as is and by making it so you can only see what is at X hub, it's going to fragment the trading community to such an extent I think it may become nonexistent. 

The only way I can see this not being the case is if everyone chooses a central hub to use and ignored the rest, however only people who read the forums or maybe GC are going to be away of this if the community makes such a decision. so the trading community will still be fragmented as a result of this. Not to mention it sounds like it will be expensive to trade, further reducing the already small number of people trading in the first place. Like I said, I can't say for sure but the way it sounds I think this part of the update is a very poor design choice. 
Cerridwyn View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 01:30
all I can say is.. WOW

Cerridwyn ~-~ Cerdwyn

abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 01:31
Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

These components:
  • The new UI for Trade v2.
    This means that you won't immediately be able to send the new goods out to trade hubs for sale.  However there are a few researches to be completed and buildings to be built to enable the trader unit (and therefore actually do faction hub trade), we don't see this as an issue that will affect anyone; it's more a "heads-up" that the Trade Market UI will be changing.

• The taxation of goods sales on the town marketplace to other players.

• Town trade visibility (more on this topic when we put the new trade UI live)

• Crafting. We are not immediately releasing the new crafting technologies and buildings.
... are being staggered during this release.  

So they're not going to be on the live server the moment you get back ingame, and will be switched on independently (so don't panic if you can't see the new crafting technologies, they're just not there right now!)

AWWW!
Bonfyr Verboo
Fruziek View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 01:32
i thought it would me 23:00 my time but lucky for me its only 20:00 right now LOLLOLLOL
SweetlyEvil View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 01:32
I thought the trading was huge in market.....the hubs r awesome......if u discuss strategy with allies u can make the hubs work to ur advantage.........u just need to use them to see the advantages
~SweetlyEvil~ <3 @}-
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 01:37
Originally posted by Brids17 Brids17 wrote:

Obviously I can't sat for sure yet but I think this is an extremely bad idea. The trading community is tiny as is and by making it so you can only see what is at X hub, it's going to fragment the trading community to such an extent I think it may become nonexistent. 

The only way I can see this not being the case is if everyone chooses a central hub to use and ignored the rest, however only people who read the forums or maybe GC are going to be away of this if the community makes such a decision. so the trading community will still be fragmented as a result of this. Not to mention it sounds like it will be expensive to trade, further reducing the already small number of people trading in the first place. Like I said, I can't say for sure but the way it sounds I think this part of the update is a very poor design choice. 

We will NEED items from other areas, therefore requiring us to trade with distant Faction Hubs, like it or not. Of course you can NOT build the stuff that this release is giving us, but that won't happen now will it?
Bonfyr Verboo
Abraxox View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 01:37
There is likely going to be an unintended new market for players who can grasp all of the intricacies of this new trade system, and explain them. This sure seems very complex on the surface. Aren't learning curves fun?
jeaway View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 01:40
Originally posted by abstractdream abstractdream wrote:

Originally posted by Brids17 Brids17 wrote:

We will NEED items from other areas, therefore requiring us to trade with distant Faction Hubs, like it or not. Of course you can NOT build the stuff that this release is giving us, but that won't happen now will it?
Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 22>
  Share Topic