Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed29JUL12 - MAJOR RELEASE (The New Age)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 19202122>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Drejan View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 12:08
I didn't complain on war in this topic anyway, i think this patch has done a great work for frictions and possible wars... before this patch no one wanted to camp on a rocky dwarf homeland...
JimJams View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 15:25
I think Rill has a point.

Let's say a big alliance (not H?, you all know we are weak and lazy) should decide they have to own one or more silversteel mine, and simply move a big army and take it, what will happen?

You all know what. The community ethic will immediately decide they are wrong and all the server (but may be a few fools) will all join to punish them.

You could call the resulting war PVP, but it is not. Like a soccer game 11 vs 1 is not a soccer game.

So, we have war or "pvp" only with limited and small actors, or, if big players are involved, only if a solid "reason for war" can be produced. 

Which is about never, or once in a couple years.

So, let's hope we have a tourney Soon, or at least before people die snorting... 
bansisdead View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 17:14
Originally posted by The_Dude The_Dude wrote:

Originally posted by bansisdead bansisdead wrote:

Rill, you know you are right, ppl dont pvp because they either have been destroyed by GC or the threat of destruction by GC weights on their mind.  ***

That's hilarious!

Just cuz you ain't PvPing doesn't mean it ain't happen', Cowboy.  Stern Smile

Hey The Dude, I'm glad you found my post hilarious, an unintended consequence, but I must be a funny man.  Anyway I should have said compared to other games of a similar genre,  there is far less PvP in Illy.  I am aware some people do, but there are probably far more players who don't, and I will state again this is my view, but I'm sure others have a different view point. 
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 23:01
Originally posted by bansisdead bansisdead wrote:

Hey The Dude, *****  Anyway I should have said compared to other games of a similar genre,  there is far less PvP in Illy. ****
 Ahh, yes, I guess that is true.  I don't have a lot of experience beyond Illy but from others have been saying your point sounds valid.  I hope I didn't offend.  Ouch
bansisdead View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 23:31
"**** it, Dude. Let's go bowling"
Smoking GNU View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2012 at 12:10
Looking back to this release, i see several pics in the big picture near the top of the first post by the devs detailing scrolls, fish and potions. 

When will these be released?

The Electrocutioner View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2012 at 12:29
Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

Advanced warning regarding town-to-town trade: For now you can see all town orders, anywhere in Elgea. In the near future we will activate 'market visibility', which means that you will only be able to see town orders, and engage in town-to-town trade, within a fixed radius of your settlements.

Devs, can you say yet when this feature will be turned on?

Right now, pretty much everyone is dealing out of Centrum, and there's not much point to having traders elsewhere except to have a nearby safehouse for adv res. Market visibility will shake this up big time! 
Rorgash View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2012 at 13:09
that was turned on long ago
The Electrocutioner View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2012 at 13:50
Originally posted by Rorgash Rorgash wrote:

that was turned on long ago

Really?? I can see buy and sell orders from towns over 2,000 squares away from a city. That's literally 2/3 of the way across Elgea from me. If market visibility encompasses that much, then it is pretty much meaningless.

I thought that the visibility from town to town would more like 200 squares, which is the distance at which faction hubs are visible to towns. With that kind of limited vis, you would NEED to have traders in various hubs to have access to more goods. Prices and availability would inevitably vary from region to region. This would make trade a lot more localized and potentially interesting. Supply and demand would apply to regions and specific hubs, rather than the entire continent.

Every hub I have visited (except Centrum) is dead - full of buy orders that no one is filling or nearby players selling off basics, and pretty much nothing else. If market vis is going to stay at over 2,000 squares, then this is not likely to ever change. Why put traders in these other hubs if I can pick up town sell orders 2,000 squares away for basics and adv res, and get my rares from Centrum?

I'm not convinced that market visibility has been turned on yet. A town market visibility of over 2,000 squares is pointless.

Edited by The Electrocutioner - 27 Oct 2012 at 14:47
GM Luna View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster
Community Manager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2012 at 16:08
Town trade visibility is still worldwide. No I can't say when that will change.

Luna
GM Luna | Illyriad Community Manager | community@illyriad.co.uk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 19202122>
  Share Topic