Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

22FEB15 - UIv4 PREVIEW

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 4.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Berde View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 06:04
Originally posted by Stukahh Stukahh wrote:

You can see all of the reinforcements going to support the siege.  It won't be too hard to figure out where it's going.  

The movement lines will make sieging near impossible.  I don't understand the rationale behind this.  If GM SC or TC would chime in on why, I would love to hear it.

Good point. I was clearly watching some badly planned sieges and didn't think about that!
Hora View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 09:03
...well, atm the new map has no calibration about which alliance you're in, or even that there ARE different alliances...

What if you could later on only see the movement lines of the units of your mates or confeds? Would uncluster quite a portion of the map, would ease keeping an overview over alliance maneuvres and would get rid of your enemy watching your moves. Maybe finally gives a reason for Covert armies, too...

But I agree, a yes or no from the devs about their plans for this feature would stop discussions Wink
Berde View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 11:47
Whoa. Who called in the big brass band today? Diplo horns on every tile...
demdigs View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demdigs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 01:29
I think it has potential, if you could block off all non allied lines, and you can only get the enemy lines if you use adv scouts to find out the target and the lines appear after the scout is successful then you can earn the lines. 
demdigs View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demdigs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 15:46
will there be a beta test for some people to try this out?
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 15:51
Originally posted by demdigs demdigs wrote:

will there be a beta test for some people to try this out?

You can try it out now, at least the map portion. There's a big link on the OP.

As for anything else, we'll let you know details later.

Rikoo

Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
Berde View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 19:43
I've noticed it changes regularly, and does some really weird things. One day every single square had a horn overlaid on it.
Bobtron View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobtron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 05:25
the preview doesn't seem to be updating cities though. I've switched alliances and exodused cities, with no changes at all to the map. Will this map be available to only players with prestige accounts?

Edited by Bobtron - 30 May 2015 at 05:27
I support the Undying Flame!
Berde View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2015 at 08:52
So I've been looking at this thing off and on. I just looked tonight and...

EW. Dead Thumbs Down

Seriously. There were so many flashing zooming bits that my stomach clenched and did a near cookie-tossing flip-flop from the visual assault.

I don't have any seizure issues myself, but I'd honestly be concerned about potential issues from all the flashing/blinking in so many different time cycles.
invictusa View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote invictusa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2015 at 21:39
You have to be joking.  Right?  The devs had no reason to release this, but we can see development in action.  I have reason to believe they are developing code to make it compatible with the upcoming VR technology.  
So stop whining.

@Devs, put a disclaimer for people prone to seizing, to appease the masses.  I beg you don't take it away.
...and miles to go before I sleep.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic