Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

20FEB18 - Defy Death Update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ammianus View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ammianus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 18:10
This thread is about defy death! 
It is bad taste and mostly unwelcome to usurp it for accusations which have been posted before and repeated too often already.

On the Defy Death subject:
This has been a bug and has been fixed and that is good.

Why should we make another change now to get the previous erroneous result by a new mechanism.

Also for those who argue high level commanders should get additional benefits beyond those which are bestowed on them already by having features added to them with the points available, I'd say:
IMHO the ability to put 10 levels on Defy Death is good enough, it will be used on high level commanders where the benefit of having an up to 10% average saving of time. being able to give to allocate points to defy death already is one of the advantages of having high level commanders. Everyone can choose if this average reduction of 10% ressurection time is useful or not.  I would assume that's going to give an advantage for commanders of level 100 and above.

Edited by Ammianus - 23 Feb 2018 at 18:12
Qui secundos optat eventus, dimicet arte, non causa.
[Vegetius]
AdmiralRage View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdmiralRage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 22:12
Well the problem is now that the bug is fixed, Defy Death becomes pretty useless. A 10% chance of survival is not worth 10 levels of resurrection time (I think that's the general opinion, hopefully I'm making a correct assumption). Defy Death needs to be improved so it is a viable option.

And for those who have already leveled up Defy Death, should they have to pay for the prestige to undo it?
Eros View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 00:13
Imagine that, battlefield conditions have changed, that would never happen in actual combat would it...

Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 00:13
Originally posted by AdmiralRage AdmiralRage wrote:

And for those who have already leveled up Defy Death, should they have to pay for the prestige to undo it?

Yes.

Game companies don't issue refunds for player actions based on malfunctioning code. In fact, game companies don't issue refunds for actual money spent on purchases like cards, items, and upgrades that later get nerfed because they are unbalanced in actual gameplay. In this specific case, leveling up Defy Death didn't even require the expenditure of money, just some time spent on leveling up the commanders.

If the devs felt really bad about it (which they shouldn't), they could cut the price of commander reassignment from 15 down to 3 prestige for a week, and let everyone rearrange their commanders at -80% off the regular price. I can't say I'd recommend that. If it were me, I would raise Defy Death to 5% per level and call it a day.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Alcie View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alcie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 03:03
I really like Ten Kulch's idea of 5 percent per level. I have no opinion on war-effects, but having commanders almost always die would restrict some variety of tactics and also reduce the amusingly large numbers of attacks during tournaments. 50 percent has a big enough affect to easily notice while avoiding the near-immortal problem.

Or, for those like Wartow who want more math, how about this percentage chance of survival:

10/Pi*skill_level*ArcTan[1/(Pi*(1-commander_level/MAX_COMMANDER_LEVEL)^4)]

p.s. I want an equipped pony-of-immortality

Edited by Alcie - 24 Feb 2018 at 03:06
Blankit View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blankit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 08:15
Originally posted by Alcie Alcie wrote:

10/Pi*skill_level*ArcTan[1/(Pi*(1-commander_level/MAX_COMMANDER_LEVEL)^4)]

Did you plot that? And is there really a max comm level?
---E ---E Now selling pitchforks at The Pitchfork -Emporium. ---E ---E
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 08:35
Max commander level is 205

Assuming level 10 defy death, this is what the graph looks like.

Edited by eowan the short - 24 Feb 2018 at 08:36
Blankit View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blankit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 10:10
Ofc it comes from upgradable attributes. Its 206, but yes thanks.

Having a smooth curve like this helps make the decision of level subjective. Which is nice.
---E ---E Now selling pitchforks at The Pitchfork -Emporium. ---E ---E
OssianII View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OssianII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 12:18
Originally posted by Morose Morose wrote:

Originally posted by OssianII OssianII wrote:

This thread is turning into another bash Hucbold fest from the alliances who deliberately go out of their way to personally harass, humiliate and deride other players at every opportunity. There is no need for us tolerate this anymore. We should keep a record and report it. Where there is long delay in GM's  taking action on these reports then we should band together and force their hand! Some of these practises must stop before this game gets a reputation. 

Ossian, this thread was a discussion of the fixed exploit regarding Defy Death.  Hucbold then derided SIN, blaming them for influencing the GM to fix a known exploit in the game that he admitted to using as part of their strategy.  The simple fact of the matter is that Defy Death was not working properly.  The period of time it was not working properly does not matter, and using the fact that it was not working as intended is an exploit plain as day.  

I do not see how that wouldn't be construed as his fault, and while he may have a point in the length of time in which this went unfixed, he is absolutely wrong in his assertion that it had some malicious intent to punish him behind it.  

TLDR - Defy Death was broken, now it's fixed, some people are mad that they can no longer exploit the fact that it's broken but it was never labeled to do anything more than it does now so the burden of the consequences are on them.
Then your post is off-topic and unnecessary. Open another thread.
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 15:21
Originally posted by Blankit Blankit wrote:

Ofc it comes from upgradable attributes. Its 206, but yes thanks.

Having a smooth curve like this helps make the decision of level subjective. Which is nice.

206? What did I miss?

9 self bonuses= 90
11 division bonuses=110
Troop specific defence boost=5

=205
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic