Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 1st Quarter February to March - Soring Tournament.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1st Quarter February to March - Soring Tournament.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1st Quarter February to March - Soring Tournament.
    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 14:37
Greetings and salutations Illyrians.

This thread is meant to inspire us all through sharing your best reports as well as debating about on-goings in the tournament.

There will be a Biggest Hitter, as well as a Biggest Defender at the end of the tournament, who may get a prize from me. Everyone can follow this in game. These stats can be found here: https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/HeraldCombats the page is updated on a daily basis at I think 00:00 game time.

A part from sharing reports, I will make an effort to sometimes give my view on current tournament standings and why I think it has panned out the the way it has. My time is a bit limited so the information is probably biased. If you also have thought about it and have a better idea than me, please share your viewpoints too.

I will start off by commenting on the alliances that are Top 2 as of now, and why it is that [ASCN] are falling behind [RUM] in the first week of the first quarterly tournament.

We all know how good [ASCN] are at winning tournaments. They have done it time and time again, with the last one being a close race with [G!]. I won't go into that now.
Anyhow, for 5 days now, the tournament has been raging on. The squares were moved just before the tournament started and many found themselves unprepared. 
An alliance like [RUM] have a lot of active players. They are scattered all over the map in various clusters as well as single city areas. The same goes for [ASCN], the thing is though, that they are not as many active players as [RUM] and probably do not have a lot of time on their hands right now to organize and plan where they need to focus their attention right now. This could all change within the 2nd week or so. We know they have the wits to turn the situation around, and the troop numbers are usually up there. I must applaud the efforts [RUM] are making thus far. They have a serious shot at winning their first tournament and are doing very well in occupying many squares around the two continents. I'm sure there have been some diplomacy involved in giving squares to other, or claiming squares in return for something. This is the way of the tournament game, which is fine. All tricks must be used to win tournaments in Illyriad.

I hope you will consider sharing your thoughts and reports (remember to remove the city name from the report, or you will be giving crucial information away).

--
Might I also add, that this new boost to the game has gotten me going quite a bit. I love the fact that we will have tournaments every 3 months now, and that we will get benefits from participating - maybe the future will hold even better benefits like boosting Mana Production, Research Production, Gold Income, more than +5% food, or even Military Production bonuses, Crafting Bonuses and what if you could claim and build more than twenty squares of sovereignty to maybe 25? Uh oh... The possibilities are many and I think we are just getting started. 
--

All the best!
Josh

PublicRelations
HumanResources
DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 14:42
Tournament quick link: https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Tournaments

Thought I'd add these as well.

I also forgot to mention that people have noticed alliances staying within the primary region in terms of their focus, unless they have a serious shot at winning the Top 5 and having a shot at Top 3. This is probably wise, and could also be the product of diplomacy by alliances trying to win Top 3.

Edited by DeliciousJosh - 05 Feb 2020 at 14:42

PublicRelations
HumanResources
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic