Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed16OCT16 - Illyriad on Steam!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Topic: 16OCT16 - Illyriad on Steam!
    Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 01:34
Hi everyone,

We come to you on this day with an announcement - and a request. 

We are excited and delighted to say that we are ready to push Illyriad on Steam Greenlight, the service that provides indie games like Illyriad a chance to appear on the Steam network alongside thousands of other titles.   

If you don't know what Steam is - it's a service that delivers digital games to millions of people, and is one of the largest services of its kind.  If you want to find out more about Steam Greenlight, please click here.

We're announcing this in the forums for a couple of reasons:

First, we need your help if you have a Steam account! 

If you have a steam account, sign into it and go to our Greenlight page.  To vote for us, you'll need to have spent at least $5 on Steam purchasing on that account.  

Once you have signed in, you can then vote on the Illyriad Greenlight page to say "I would like to see this game on Steam." 

We're reaching out to our playerbase because you have helped us achieve great things before! 

Secondly - like everyone else here! - we'd love to have an increased influx of new players to Elgea and the Broken Lands.

Illyriad has been running for over half of a decade now and we know that you experienced vets are looking for newbies to teach! With Steam as a distribution platform, we could get many new people to share the same gameworld and servers that you are already playing on.

We'd also very much welcome comments posted by you guys on the Steam Greenlight comments area; especially if they're likely to get Steam users to give the game a go.

If you do not wish to vote for Illyriad, that's fine as well! Either way, enjoy the game, and thanks for reading.

The Illyriad Team

EDIT: SOME FAQs!
Q. Does this mean Illyriad will no longer be available in the browser/Windows app/Chrome app?
A. No, not at all!  Putting Illyriad on Steam is a purely additive method of accessing the game by yet another method.  Illy will always be available via the browser!

Q. Does this mean there'll be a new server?
A. No.  Players who access the game via Steam will be playing in the same gameworld, in the same game, as everyone else.  It'll be just like when we added a Windows Store app version of the game.

Q. Do I have to set up a Steam account?
No, absolutely not.  The way you currently access the game is fine!  It's just that if you already have a Steam account and if you have already spent $5 on Steam games in the past then you're eligible to vote for Illyriad's Greenlight, and we'd welcome your vote with our thanks.

Q. I don't have Steam.  Do I need to install it?
A. No!  Just carry on as you are!  If you don't have Steam and don't want to install it, then nothing will change for you.  Putting Illy on Steam is just another way of accessing the same game.  Your current way of playing Illy (browser, windows app, Chrome app etc) will continue to work as before.

Edited by GM Stormcrow - 09 Nov 2016 at 00:37
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 01:40
I have a chromebook.  Is there an app for that?  Anyone have a link?
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 01:54
According to google, I would have to install Linux.
Foxvern View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 02:02
It was in the chrome app store..it under freebie games..I have a chromebook an I din install linux..I don understand why you would have to do that..most puzzlin
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 02:03
Created a Steam account, apparently one has to have spent at least $5 to vote
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 02:11
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

Created a Steam account, apparently one has to have spent at least $5 to vote
heh, none of us knew that!  I've edited the post to reflect things.  Basically if you have a Steam account already - and you've spent at least $5 on it - we'd love to get your vote.  

We certainly wouldn't expect anyone to create a Steam account and spend $5 on another game, just to give us a vote!

Best,

SC
Foxvern View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 02:11
oops..~DUMGUY LOOK~..I understand now..it doesn't interface with chrome at present without applying a bunch of apps that may have issues with chrome..sorry my bad..
white willow View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 02:13
ok voted yes and left a pos comment would love to see new blood in Illy.
I would tell you my steam name but its a little spacey.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 02:14
Foxvern: I am happy playing Illy through my browser.  I just wanted to vote for it on Steam, which apparently I can't do because I haven't paid $5.  Which is fine, maybe I will find something to spend $5 on.  Or not.  I don't have to eat tomorrow.
Jadefae View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 02:19
Not to turn anyone away but to warn, I just made my account and I tried to vote and got the following on a pop up:
Your account does not meet the requirements to use this feature. Visit Steam Support for more information.

Go to Steam Support it says the following:
HAVING TROUBLE ACCESSING A STEAM COMMUNITY FEATURE?
New accounts are limited from using all of Steam's community features. You'll have access to all of Steam's features once you've spent $5.00 USD in the Steam store or added $5.00 USD to your Steam Wallet. Additional info...
Why can't I rate content such as reviews, artwork, screenshots, Workshop files and Greenlight submissions?
Amount Spent on Steam: $0.00 / $5.00 USD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic