illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

06NOV18 - New User Interface (UIv4) Alpha Test

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Wraith View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wraith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 17:33
A little thing that I don't like is that many textual elements of the new GUI became impossible to select as text and copy to the clipboard, making it not so convenient to share some info to other players, e.g. a line with your stored basic resources.
rajput View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rajput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 18:29
Hi Folks,

Overall I'm pretty happy with the direction taken for the new interface. Super liked the idea of map being main background or the table and we are simply opening and working on different scrolls on top of it. I dig that. ๐Ÿง 

Interface is fluid to work with when loaded completely, but there are jitters and delays when working at a pace. ๐Ÿ˜”

I really like how sovereignty is depicted on map. Very easy for me to follow. ๐Ÿ‘

I have issue with the small strategic map at bottom left of the screen. The strategic map is collapsed a bit and does not focus correctly. However, on MS Edge there are no Zoom in/out buttons. Plus it seems we cannot zoom using mouse/touch-pad or touch-screen.

Like few players have already pointed out, the compass-like-navigational button in UIv3 are quite useful. I think they can be added without cluttering the the interface in similar fashion as the Map Options dialogue box.

Similarly the town scroll/change buttons. A very small thing but very useful as it helps speed up the click-away routine passes which all of us make many times on daily basis. ๐Ÿ˜

Also on map screen, I cannot see harvesters harvesting a square. I can see them traveling to the square but after that they are not reflected on the map. ๐Ÿคจ

Cannot see the NPC camp size... This totally kills the purpose of having Foreign Office in town, if one have to scout out every camp to approx. their size. ๐Ÿ˜’

Cannot see diplo units activity on the map. ๐Ÿ˜•

Other than that... Love the in-game music... So now I can rest my Nightwish and Buckethead collections. ๐Ÿ˜

Warning! Author of this post has weird sense of humor...
Arcania View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arcania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 07:41
Looks great at present.  World map much easier for these old eyes to see!
Ruarc View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 18:50
Some feedback on the new UI.

Good stuff
  • I love how far you can zoom out.
  • Being able to see moving armies without zooming all the way in is excellent.
  • Sovereignty claims are (mostly) far clearer.

Bad stuff
  • It is significantly slower to load and use than the current UI. Even once cached it's not particularly fast to load the next time. Definitely smoother on the map though.
  • It is much harder to see camped armies, and what they are, than the current UI. This is true even when zoomed in.
  • The sovereignty claims of your own towns (and towns NAP'd to yours) are difficult to see, and basically impossible at the most zoomed out level. It should be just as easy to see your own sov at the most zoomed out level as it is neutral towns.

Other stuff
  • The city drop down menu could be longer. It only displays 4 and a half cities at a time. For those of us with a large number of cities (I've 20) the extra scrolling is a small inconvenience.
  • Why is the sov of other players in the alliance pink? Like... wut?
  • There are no tooltips for the resources displayed along the top, and a tooltip for the season and day/night indicator would be useful.
  • It might just take some getting used to, but the graphics used to represent caravans look funny.
  • The icons showing that you have a message or notification don't seem to work. I presume that they're in progress?
  • What is the logic behind the '1 other camp'? Would it not make more sense to be something like 'X camp(s)'?
  • It would be nice to be able to zoom out on the strategic map as well.
  • Will we be able to set our own 'locations' on the 'locations' list?
  • Could an option be added so that all of the user-elements of the UI be hidden and we're just shown the map?

Edited by Ruarc - 17 Nov 2018 at 18:52
Mordok View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mordok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 20:51
Nice but please make it playable on a mobile device..i need a excuse to buy a new smartphone eheh
R88 View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 08:52
hi guys i love the new UIv4 just when we view the towns there is no next button an i love the next button when i cycle through my towns to see what is happening  
elrond View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elrond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 00:44
Sorry, I am not a fan of this new UI. I have been going through it side by side with the current interface.

I will echo what others have said regarding the NPC encampments, it is very hard to recognize them and you must zoom in to see what they are - which rather diminishes the cool bit about how far out you can zoom.

In general, I find the new interface very hard to read and decipher. It is very dark and that makes it very hard to read or evaluate the icons. I also find the placement of the chat windows to be very poor. If you have both open it takes up a lot of screen space it ens up covering up other information.

Lastly, is there a list of what is and what isn't working? I get alot of blank screens and don't know if do to slow loading times and mentioned by others or if it just hasn't been done yet.

Thanks.
Rusty View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 04:21
I have just recently joined Illyriad. When I tried to type in global chat it said I had been silenced.
Rusty View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 04:23
I have just recently joined the Illyriad. When I tried to type in global chat, it said I have been silenced. My account name is Rust Lord.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 08:38
Are you actually using the new UI? https://map.illyriad.co.uk/
If not then this is the wrong place to post this.
If your first post contained words/phrases that are not allowed then it may well have triggered the automatic ban system causing you to be silenced for an hour.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic